- Accel-a-Writer 3G
- Accel-a-Writer 3N
- Accel-a-Writer 4G
- Accel-a-Writer 4N
- Accel-a-Writer 4N-DN
- Accel-a-Writer 8200
- Accel-a-Writer 8300 – Postscript Level 2
- Accel-a-Writer 8300 – Postscript Level 3
- CL30 HSE
- CL30 Series
- Colour ScreenWriter
- Colour ScreenWriter (Natura Enhanced)
- ColourLaser 21
- FilmMaker 4
- FilmMaker 4 (without USB)
- Ilumina 3D
- Ilumina Digital Envelope Press
- PlateMaker 3
- PlateMaker 4
- PlateMaker 4J
- PlateMaker 4J-15
- PlateMaker 4J-2
- PlateMaker 4J-26
- PlateMaker 4J-7
- PlateMaker 5
- PlateMaker 5J
- PlateMaker 8200
- PlateMaker II
- ScreenWriter 3
- ScreenWriter 4
- Is DHCP supported?
- The output on my printer is skewing. What can I do to correct this?
- What is a E:FUSER error and how can I correct the problem?
- What is a E:SCANNER error and how can I correct it?
- Why can I not print on media larger than legal size at 1200 DPI?
- Why does my IP address keep changing?
- Why does the front panel display LOW PAPER when there is paper in the cassette tray?
- Why is the 1200 / 2400 DPI option grayed out?
Is DHCP supported?
DHCP is standard on Series 4/5 and available for Series 3 using ROM v 4.01-4 or higher.
The output on my printer is skewing. What can I do to correct this?
Skew can be caused by the way the media is fed through the printer. Check to see if the skew occurs from all trays or only one tray. If it only occurs from a single tray, then observe the pickup rollers and see if they are causing the media to be fed through the printer at an angle. Also, make sure that the media is aligned properly when loaded in the tray. If the pickup rollers appear to be the cause, use some denatured alcohol to clean them. If the problem occurs from all trays, please contact Tech Support.
What is a E:FUSER error and how can I correct the problem?
E:FUSER is displayed when the temperature sensor inside the fuser does not read the correct temperature (too high or too low).
- Turn off the printer for 30 minutes to allow fuser to cool and restart.
- If not corrected – reset the printer by holding ONLINE and TRAY SELECT on the front panel during startup (when the black bars start across the screen for Series 4). It should display RESET if done properly.
- If not corrected – replace the fuser unit.
What is a E:SCANNER error and how can I correct it?
E:SCANNER is displayed when the laser unit is not level, a bad connection is detected by the sensor or the scanner motor has stopped moving.
- Turn off the printer for 30 minutes and restart.
- If not corrected – reset the printer by holding ONLINE and TRAY SELECT keys in the front panel during startup (when the black bars start across the screen on Series 4). It should display RESET if done properly.
- If not corrected – replace the imaging unit/toner.
- If not corrected – contact Technical Support.
Why can I not print on media larger than legal size at 1200 DPI?
You either do not have INSTALLED RAM configured correctly under the INSTALLED OPTIONS or you do not have enough physical memory to print at that resolution. The physical memory is displayed on your Startup Page.
- Printing up to legal size at 1200 dpi requires 32 MB of RAM.
- Printing up to 13″ x 18.5″ at 1200 dpi requires 128 MB of RAM.
Printing up to 13″ x 35.5″ at 1200 dpi requires 128 MB of RAM.
Why does my IP address keep changing?
DHCP may not be setup to assign addresses correctly which will reassign the IP address each time you restart your printer. We recommend you set a static IP address to avoid the problem.
Why does the front panel display LOW PAPER when there is paper in the cassette tray?
LOW PAPER is displayed when there are fewer than 100 sheets (using 75 gsm) in the cassette tray.
- It does not prevent printing, but you should keep the cassette tray at least 3/4 full or turn off the SOFT ERROR detection.
- SOFT ERROR on Series 4/5 is located under the UTILITY menu on the front panel.
- SOFT ERROR on Series 3 is located under the MISC menu on the front panel.
Why is the 1200 / 2400 DPI option grayed out?
Verify that the INSTALLED RAM and RESOLUTION under the INSTALLED OPTIONS matches the physical configuration displayed on the Startup Page.