- Legacy Color Products
- Legacy Monochrome Products
- Impressia Digital Press
- HWC Heavyweight Champion with PlateMaker 7
- Excelagraphix 4200/4800
- iQueue Digital Color Workflow
- Accel-a-Writer 3G/3N/4G/4N
- Accel-a-Writer 8200/8300 Level 2 and 3
- CL30 HSE and Series
- Colour ScreenWriter
- ColourLaser 21
- FilmMaker 4
- PlateMaker 2, 3, 4, 4j, 4j-15, 4j-2, j4-26, 4j-7, 5, 5j
- ScreenWriter 3/4
- Can I use the USB interface?
- How do I access the internal web page for my printer when my network uses a firewall?
- How do I configure the IP address on the printer?
- The Media Select Switch should be in which position during printing?
- What are the customer-replaceable parts and how often should they be changed?
- What causes a intermittent Fatal Error 002 on the front panel of my printer?
- What media weight should I select when I am printing?
- What software utilities are available for my operating system and what is each used for?
- Why does the Ilumina pull from the cassette tray when I use QuarkXPress in OS 10, even if I designate it to pull from the MP Tray?
Can I use the USB interface?
Yes. The Ilumina supports USB with Macintosh OS 9.04 or higher and Windows 2000 or XP.
How do I access the internal web page for my printer when my network uses a firewall?
FIREFOX: Locate the IP address of your printer (shown on the startup page or configuration page) Open Firefox;
MAC OSX – Go to the File menu and select Preferences
WINDOWS – Go to the Tools menu and select Options Click the Advanced (gear icon) across the top of the window Select the Network tab and click the Settings button Type the IP address of the printer into the field labeled “No proxy for:” Click ok, restart FireFox and type the printer IP address to access the internal web page.
SAFARI (Mac OS) Locate the IP address of your printer (shown on the startup page or configuration page) Open Safari; Go to the File menu and select Preferences Click the Advanced (gear icon) across the top of the window Locate Proxies and select Change Settings; this will open the Network preferences Type the IP address of the printer into the field labeled “Bypass proxy settings for these Hosts & Domains:” Click Apply Now, restart Safari and type the printer IP address to access the internal web page.
INTERNET EXPLORER (Windows) Locate the IP address of your printer (shown on the startup page or configuration page) Open Internet Explorer; Go to the Tools menu and select Internet Options Select the Connections tab and click the LAN Settings button Under the Proxy Settings area; click the Advanced button Type the IP address of the printer into the field labeled “Exceptions” Click ok, restart Internet Explorer and type the printer IP address to access the internal web page.
How do I configure the IP address on the printer?
When first installing the Ilumina, you will only need to manually configure the IP address from the front panel if the DHCP is not working. To do this, you will need to access the Admin Setup menu/Network Menu. Here you will find an option to set the IP address. If you have already configured the IP address and you need to change it – you can use the browser to do this. Simply input the Ilumina’s current IP address in the browser address field and press enter. Click in the Administrator login and enter the username (“admin”) and the password is the last 6 digits fo the media access card (MAC) address. Click on [Network] then on [TCP/IP] located on the left side of the screen. Click on [Set IP address manually] and it will bring up a screen to enter the IP address, subnet mask, and gateway. Click [OK] and [Submit] and it will send this information to the Ilumina and configure it. Once this changes, you will be disconnected from the Ilumina. Reboot the Ilumina and print a configuration page to confirm the address has changed. You will need to reconfigure your ports on the clients in order to print successfully using TCP/IP. They will need to be reconfigured with the new IP address.
The Media Select Switch should be in which position during printing?
It depends on the file composition. Although the switch is marked for media weight, we have found it is easier for users to look at the composition of their file in terms of blacks and halftones/screens/grays. The Media Select Switch should be in the down/off position when printing solid blacks. If printing halftones/screens/grays, the switch should be in the up/on position. When printing files containing equal amounts of blacks and halftones, try both settings and choose the one which gives the best result for you file.
What are the customer-replaceable parts and how often should they be changed?
All consumables are considered customer-replaceable parts. Their duty cycle ratings are:
- TONER CARTRIDGES – 7.5K on A4/Letter @ 5% coverage (starter). 15K on A4/Letter @ 5% coverage. (Rule of thumb: 2 toners (15K) for every drum.)
- CMYK DRUMS – 42K Continuous printing on a4/Letter @ 5% coverage. 30K 3-4 pages per job on A4/Letter @ 5% coverage. 21K of single page jobs on A4/Letter @ 5% coverage.
- FUSER – 100K images of A4/Letter.
- TRANSFER BELT – 100K images of A4/Letter.
- WASTE TONER BOX – 30K of A4/Letter.
- You can experience quality degradation once the printer reports that your consumable is getting near end of life or low. Xante recommends replacing the consumable when this occurs.
What causes a intermittent Fatal Error 002 on the front panel of my printer?
A Fatal Error 002 can occur when printing via a network connection, because the Dell Network Setup Assistant software sends out random empty packets that the printer does not understand. To resolve the issue, you must uninstall the software on each Dell PC that has the printer installed. To uninstall: Go to EITHER: Start | Settings | Control Panel OR: Start | Control Panel, depending on what your Start menu looks like. Windows 2000/XP only: Click “Switch to Classic View” (if you are not already in Classic View) Double click on “Add Or Remove Programs” Locate “Dell Network Assistant” and click on it once to highlight it Click Remove and then reboot your PC. Windows Vista only: Click “Classic View” (if you are not already in Classic View) Double click on “Programs and Features” Locate “Dell Network Assistant” and click on it once to highlight it Click Uninstall or Uninstall/Change and then reboot your PC.
What media weight should I select when I am printing?
When printing, you should follow these settings depending on media weight/specifications:
- LIGHT=75 gsm
- MEDIUM LIGHT = 75 – 79 gsm
- MEDIUM = 83 – 90 gsm
- MEDIUM HEAVY = 94 – 105 gsm
- HEAVY = 109 – 128 gsm
- ULTRA HEAVY 1 = 132 – 188 gsm
- ULTRA HEAVY 2 = 192 – 218 gsm
- ULTRA HEAVY 3 = 222 – 427 gsm.
The correct media type must be selected along with the correct media weight to ensure the best print quality. It is a good idea to configure the imput tray to your most common media type and weight. For example; Tray 1 = LIGHT (weight) and PLAIN (type).
What software utilities are available for my operating system and what is each used for?
• Color Swatch Utility (Windows) This utility allows you to print color samples or swatches, which are used with your software program to select and reproduce colors accurately. • PDF Print Direct (Windows) This utility lets you print a PDF file by simply right clicking on the name, and selecting Print from a pop-up menu. • Storage Device Manager (Windows) This utility allows you to manage the Ilumina’s internal fiash memory and hard disk drive. • Profile Assistant (Windows // OS 10.2+) This utility helps you to load and manage color profiles. • PS Gamma Adjuster (Windows // OS 10.1+) The PS Gamma Adjuster Utility allows you to customize the CMYK data curves used with your Ilumina driver. Once you have created the customized curve in the utility, you must save the curve (new PPD). Then, you must reconfigure your Ilumina driver to use the new PPD. • Color Correct Utility (Windows) This utility allows you to fine tune the Ilumina’s color settings and save them for future use. • LPR Utility (Windows) It creates a Print Port, and installs a pop-up utility to monitor Ilumina status. • Admin Manager/Quick Setup (Windows) This utility provides an easy way to configure your Ilumina on a network. • Storage Device Manager (Windows) This utility allows you to manage the Ilumina’s internal fiash memory and hard disk drive. • Web Driver Installer (Windows) This utility is a web-based application. It automates tasks for a network administrator.Used for; Discovering Iluminas connected to a TCP/IP network, Displaying discovered Iluminas on a web page, Sending users e-mail notifi cation of the URL that permits the downloading of Ilumina driver installation programs for discovered Iluminas.Administrators can use this utility to manage Iluminas and users organized in groups, such as departments or fioors. • Job Accounting (Windows // OS9 and OSX – client only) This software allows you to track Ilumina usage by job, user, or Account ID for internal reports or bill-back purposes. • Network Printer Status (Windows) This utility creates and additional tab called STATUS in the Properties dialog box for network printer drivers that allow the client to monitor the selected printer’s status. • PrintSuperVision (Windows) A web-based software solution for Microsoft Windows networks that provides a wealth of useful network printer management functions. PrintSuperVision. NET, uses breakthrough Internet-based software components (i.e. Distributed Web Services) to access and distribute data that can help administrators control all the printers on their network.
Why does the Ilumina pull from the cassette tray when I use QuarkXPress in OS 10, even if I designate it to pull from the MP Tray?
There is an issue with Quark and OSX when printing to any Postscript printer; it may send the job to the incorrect tray. A solution would be, in the application, select [Fit to Page Size] in the Paper Handling window.