- Accel-a-Writer 3G
- Accel-a-Writer 3N
- Accel-a-Writer 4G
- Accel-a-Writer 4N
- Accel-a-Writer 4N-DN
- Accel-a-Writer 8200
- Accel-a-Writer 8300 – Postscript Level 2
- Accel-a-Writer 8300 – Postscript Level 3
- CL30 HSE
- CL30 Series
- Colour ScreenWriter
- Colour ScreenWriter (Natura Enhanced)
- ColourLaser 21
- FilmMaker 4
- FilmMaker 4 (without USB)
- Ilumina 3D
- Ilumina Digital Envelope Press
- PlateMaker 3
- PlateMaker 4
- PlateMaker 4J
- PlateMaker 4J-15
- PlateMaker 4J-2
- PlateMaker 4J-26
- PlateMaker 4J-7
- PlateMaker 5
- PlateMaker 5J
- PlateMaker 8200
- PlateMaker II
- ScreenWriter 3
- ScreenWriter 4
- Can I run film from the cassette tray?
- Can I run plates from the cassette tray?
- I am getting tear drops on my output, what is this and how can this be corrected?
- My output is not dark enough. How can I adjust the density?
- What do I do if the output on my printer is skewed?
- Why does my media always pull from the manual feed tray?
- Why is my output printing to the left and towards the bottom of the page?
- Why is the 1200 / 2400 DPI option grayed out?
Can I run film from the cassette tray?
No. Film or any non-paper media must feed through the manual feed tray. The cassette tray is for standard size paper only (Letter, Tabloid, etc.).
Can I run plates from the cassette tray?
No. Plates or any non-paper media must feed through the manual feed tray. The cassette tray is for standard size paper only (Letter, Tabloid, etc.).
I am getting tear drops on my output, what is this and how can this be corrected?
This is caused when arcing occurs across the surface of the toner drum. To correct this, pull the toner cartridge from the printer and:
- Check the metal contacts on the left side of the printer. Make sure that they are not laying flat.
- On the right side, following the guide for the toner you will notice another contact, which is the ground. Make sure that it is able to make contact with the toner. Gently pull this out to ensure contact.
- The Bias Transfer Roller (BTR) behind the toner drum is black and spongy. It has two beige handles. Make sure that you can push this down and it springs back into place. Check both ends to ensure each springs back. You may need to take this roller out and clean it. Make sure that you get it seated properly.
- Finally, try replacing the toner cartridge itself.
On occasion, the sides of the toner cartridge not making good contact can also cause the problem. If the problem is still occurring, the EP setting may need adjustment. Please contact Tech Support if you are not familiar with performing this adjustment.
My output is not dark enough. How can I adjust the density?
Adjust the density for the media type on which you are printing, using the front panel under SETUP: MEDIA. The toner cartridge also may be getting close to end of life; if so, replacing the toner cartridge should help to resolve the issue.
What do I do if the output on my printer is skewed?
Skew can be caused by the way the media is fed through the printer.
- Check to see if the skew occurs from all trays or only one tray. If it only occurs from a single tray, then observe the pickup rollers and see if they are causing the media to be fed through the printer at an angle.
- Make sure that the media is aligned properly when loaded in the tray.
If the problem occurs from all trays, perform X-ACT calibration which corrects for skew.
Why does my media always pull from the manual feed tray?
The manual feed tray is likely set as the default tray or you are using a custom page size.
- Check the default tray on the front panel. Press TRAY SELECT. If MANUAL FEED is displayed, press TRAY SELECT again until CASSETTE is shown.
- Check the default paper source in your printer driver. Select PRINT, then click PROPERTIES to make sure MANUAL FEED is not selected.
- All CUSTOM sizes will default to the manual feed tray. The cassette tray is for standard paper sizes only (Letter, Tabloid, etc).
Why is my output printing to the left and towards the bottom of the page?
The printer is formatting the page for the wrong size media. To remedy this, adjust the paper guides in the tray and make sure that the pointers on the guides are in the correct position. To test, press ONLINE, TEST, ONLINE to print out a startup page.
Why is the 1200 / 2400 DPI option grayed out?
Verify that the INSTALLED RAM and RESOLUTION under the INSTALLED OPTIONS matches the physical configuration displayed on the Startup Page.